If you’re after an easy-to-make side dish that pairs perfectly with curries and salads, look no further than our Turmeric Rice Recipe!
This vibrant turmeric recipe is a quick and easy side dish that will brighten your weeknight dinner.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup jasmine rice rinsed
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water
- 1 bay leaf dried
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Latte Blend
- Rinse rice until water runs clear, drain.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and butter.
- When butter is melted, add onion and garlic saute until softened.
- Add rice and turmeric.
- Stir until combined.
- Add chicken broth and bay leaf, and cover the pan.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, fluff with a fork and serve.
- For the perfect turmeric, be sure to purchase our Turmeric Latte Blend